Wednesday, July 14, 2010

In the Summer Sun...


It's hot here today, which I relish. I'm a happy camper in the summer. I'm busy working on a new picture book for Barefoot Books. I'll need to post a photo of my work room - yikes it's a mess, but through the mess emerges something new. We're also busy working on a product line that we'll take to the New York Gift Show this February 2011. I know your probably thinking February... but trust me creating, testing, producing- it all takes time! None the less it's exciting. I feel like I keep having to dig deeper inside myself, wrestle around with pushing out something new to me. This is hard because it's always a little uncomfortable. Tittering on what you know & moving towards were you need to let yourself go. Comfort though has never my thing. A clue to this is that hardly anyone sees me at the studio but I still dress up & wear my pretty high heels 5 days a week. Crazy, but it makes me feel like I'm going somewhere & I am I'm off to make art that I hope makes people happy!

1 comment:

Joey said...

I like your comment about wearing pretty heels each day to the studio! I feel the same, even though I am just working on projects for school or being out and about with the kids it's fun to dress up and feel like I'm "going somewhere" too! Your art makes so many people happy!!